Thursday, May 30, 2019

RIP my shredder


I was tackling my last two boxes of what I thought were computer parts that I no longer wanted, like 85 power cords because you never know, right?? 

It turned out that one was another box of ancient financials.  Off to the shredder, which started making horrible noises.  I made it halfway through the box before it gave up the ghost.  But it sort of gave a halfhearted attempt at working, which gave my ignorant ass hope.  I decided to take it apart and see if clearing the latest internal jam would fix it.  A pile of screws, tiny balls of wadded paper, grease smudges all over, and a couple extra parts later, it was fairly apparent that it would no longer service me.  Optimistically, I reassembled it all (it was very interesting to see the inner workings), and it made the same exact halfhearted noise from before. 

Ah, well, thank you for your years of devotion in making my personal information difficult to read.  May you rest in peace.

No comments: