Tuesday, October 25, 2016

vote early and vote often


I early-voted yesterday.  Now I can ignore every political argument and discussion as irrelevant.  Yay!  I was surprised to see other voters there.  Usually, I'm the only one.  I was told by a poll worker that I wasn't allowed to have my phone on.  Hmm, I had all my choices written down on it.  She said fine but told me no pictures.  I was on my way to the gym in an old t-shirt and shorts.  Didn't want my picture taken anyway. 

Then it was off to the gym, which is always a challenge when I'm anemic and out of breath constantly.  My workout partner and I rewarded ourselves with burgers afterwards.  For medicinal purposes.  Yum.

On the way home, I stopped by the only grocery store which carries liver.  They didn't have any liver.  The butcher apologized profusely.  Thanks, but that's not gonna rebuild my blood cells, buddy. 

I finally made it home and worked like a fiend until I received a text asking if I was there yet.  Oops, I was late and hadn't even gotten ready yet.  Fortunately even fancy events here can be attended in jeans and t-shirts.  Or at least that's what I tell myself. 

I filled up on canapés and socialized even more.   That's a whole lot of me being friendly all in one day.  I came home and went straight to bed.  

No comments: