Monday, October 3, 2016

gas tank is topped off


Fuck you, Matthew, bring it! 

OMG, I AM NOT SERIOUS!  PLEASE STAY AWAY!!

I've had hurricane anxiety for the last several days since Hurricane Matthew rapidly intensified and became a catastrophic category 5.  It's down to a measly 4 now.  Holy fuck, that's still terrifying.  I had to take deep breaths to calm myself while typing this.  Facing my fears head on.  Go, Wendy!

With hurricanes, we get lots of time to prepare.  I have canned food, bottles of water, and a full tank of gas.  However, the flip side is that I also get a least a week of anxiety, panic attacks, and migraines before enduring hours upon hours of house-shaking winds and torrential rain.  A sudden earthquake is starting to sound better.  JUST KIDDING.  I don't want that either.  I was in a couple in California, and they are severely disorienting.

I also stocked up on frozen dinners for the days right before, when I'm incapacitated with migraines but still have power and need to eat.  I love me some Amy's.

This storm has so much uncertainty surrounding it.  The experts are still not good at predicting intensity.  And apparently there are so many other weather factors, that the path isn't as certain as it usually is.  I still remember Hurricane Andrew suddenly veering off and hitting farther south than they anticipated.  And of course being much stronger.  Hehe, I sound like an old-timer now.  Might as well park myself on my porch and ruminate.

No comments: