Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday's goal: wash hair


It's good to have goals, or so I hear.  Usually, I try to avoid them because it seems like unnecessary pressure. 

That was a long-winded way of saying my goal today is to wash AND style my hair.  It's not dirty, or I'd feel more compelled to do this.  But it scares me when I look in the mirror.  Mostly, I've been avoiding mirrors.  I'm fairly certain I frightened the FedEx driver yesterday.

My phone started acting up saying the SIM card was unreadable.  Re-seating it didn't fix it permanently.  Known issue.  Blah blah blah.  I called and ordered a new one because there was no way I could make it to the phone store.  Anyway, nice dude on the phone said I HAD to sign for a Saturday delivery.  Which meant human interaction, while I'm hibernating.  Ugh.

The fkr lied.  I didn't need to sign for it, and I scared the fresh-faced FedEx driver.  He spoke to me like one talks to a skittish feral animal.  And gently handed me the envelope.  While slowly backing up.  No sudden movements.

My phone works great now.  I tested it by calling myself because why would I call someone else?  Just kidding.  Sort of.

I spoke to my brother for a few hours the other day.  We caught up and compared tales of woe.  And laughed until we cried.  He slays me.  :)  He's got new unseen before chicken genetics playing out on his ranch.  And told me about mutual friends who were also experiencing medical problems.

It's weird.  In our teens, we had so many friends dying from drug overdoses and misadventures.  Now, we're losing friends from a misspent adulthood.  Major organ systems failing from years of neglect.  Who knew we'd ever get past 30.  It's all so unexpected and mysterious.