Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I woke up at 4am today with a migraine.  Fortunately for me, I already had an appointment to see my chiropractor today.    I asked one of the massage therapists for a mini-massage and he asked if I would try reflexology.  Of course I acquiesced since I was feeling miserable and willing to try anything to feel better.  I'm not sure it helped but it felt good.  ;)

Then I decided to stop in and say hi to one of my friends.  There was just one small problem.  I couldn't stop crying in the car.  Well, I gave myself a stern lecture and asked myself who was stronger, me or my body.  The lecture was partially successful --- I stopped crying before I got to her house but couldn't shake the fucking migraine.  She was pleasantly surprised to see me but could tell by my wan face and pained eyes that I wasn't at my best.  Happily, she chatted about herself and her life to take my mind off of feeling sorry for myself.

She asked me to go with her to her pedicure appointment so we could continue chatting.  We started talking about girly stuff and cosmetic surgery pros & cons.  I inserted one of my huge feet into my mouth.  I said I was almost considering Botox for the migraine relief aspect of it but that I didn't really want that Botox look.  The manicurist's face pops up and says what look???  I asked if she had it done (she replies yes), and I ask her to lift her bangs.  I then proceeded to lie my ass off that she didn't seem to be affected by the no-expression Botox look.  I wonder if she believed me?  I feel bad if I hurt her feelings unknowingly. 

Afterwards, I became the chauffeur since my friend's nails were too wet to drive.  We went for a nice sushi dinner and chatted some more.  I'm so glad I stopped to see her.  Not only did it cheer my mood up immeasurably, but I found out she was leaving the country tomorrow for 10 days for a family emergency. 

Safe travels to you my friend!

No comments: