Tuesday, January 6, 2004

Tuesday, January 6, 2004

A friend of mine ( /wave Jeff) emailed me from out of the blue today.  I love that!  :)    It seems like with email so prevalent and long distance fees so cheap that more people would stay in touch.  Somehow I think it's precisely because it is so easy that we take it for granted and assume we can do it quickly later.  Therefore, it just never gets done.  The life of a procrastinator decrees that if a task is too onerous or too quickly done, it's better put off until later.  I could very easily send a quick email to so many people just saying hello to let them know I was thinking of them.  Somehow, I don't do it as often as I would like.  Perhaps that makes the other times that much more special.  Or perhaps I am trying to rationalize my procrastinator ways.  I frequently think of various people throughout my day, either remembering some piece of wisdom they shared or speculating on their reaction to a funny phenomenon.  I'm just not so good at letting people know what they mean to me.

No comments: