Thursday, February 6, 2003

Thursday, February 6, 2003

I survived my first day in Orlando.  It's pretty overwhelming for me to be around so many people all at once and to be cheery & friendly for so long.  My evenings aren't even my own.  Part of me is having a great time catching up with people I haven't seen in a few years, but I can't walk more than 10 feet without having to stop and say hello.  It's crazy to get anywhere.

And, my roommate is very cool, but it's very odd to sleep 5 feet away from a stranger.  I need my alone time.  I'm nervous about tomorrow night which is a formal dress occasion.  I've been told it's a nasty competition among women about who outshines whom.  If I had known that, I would have definitely planned on pants.  Somehow, I got brave and picked out a dress.  It's not the dress so much that scares me, it's the 4 inch heels that go with it.  I already warned my friends that I will be walking very slowly.   ;)   I don't wanna seem like I succumbed to the competition cuz I really don't give a shit.   Oh well, I will just hope for the best that I don't trip.   :)

No comments: